Here is what we have learned in the Governance Indicators section:
• Freeplenomics: Reducing taxes, government spending, government size, government regulations, government subsidies, government welfare, government penalization, government bailouts, and trade barriers – in effect, reducing government influence in the marketplace – equals more freedom, equals more demand, equals more prosperity. Example: Restoring freedom (austerity) produced the regaling prosperity of the Roaring Twenties.
• Creeplenomics: Conversely, increasing taxes, government spending, government size, government regulations, government subsidies, government welfare, government penalization, government bailouts, and trade barriers – in effect, increasing government influence in the marketplace – equals more collectivism, equals more need, equals prolonged malaise. Example: Removing freedom (collectivism) produced the prolonged malaise of the Dirty Thirties.
• Austerity has a history of success. Examples: Japan, South Korea, Germany, post-war U.S.A.
• Collectivism has a history of failure. Examples: North Korea, Soviet Union, current-day Europe, the Obama Malaise.
• Examining America’s history over the last 100 years illustrates that austerity policies have produced prosperity, while collectivist policies have produced malaise.
• The collectivist policy of the War On Poverty has been a tremendous failure, undermining the American economy for the last 50 years without curing poverty, according to their own definitions and numbers.
• The austerity policy of tax cuts produces more prosperity and subsequent government revenues than does the collectivist policy of tax hikes.
• 703 creeplenomics economists over just a seven year period misjudged national employment totals by 15 million jobs!
• President Obama’s so-called stimulus plan (collectivism) has produced a prolonged Obama Malaise with no end in sight.
• 10 objective governance indicators measured over the past forty-some years all illustrate that Republicans are better stewards of the country than are Democrats.
• At a state level Republicans are better stewards than are Democrats.
• At a municipal level Republicans are better stewards than are Democrats.
Conclusion: Freeplenomics produces prosperity. Creeplenomics results in slavery to the government along with malaise.